Friday, February 10, 2012

Another Day, Another Cowl

I have a lot of cowls, scarves and shawls but I sometimes find that I don't have one that goes with what I'm wearing. So, I decided to make a neutral one that could go with just about anything. Off white seemed like a good idea.

I purchased a ball of Bernat Cottontots in the color, "Sweet Cream". It's a pretty off-white that's nice and neutral and not yellowy. It's 100% cotton, very soft and not itchy. I like that. I decided to use the "Georgian Lace Hat" pattern from Knit Picks. I used this pattern to make a cowl a few years ago and I've made several since. It's fun to make and pretty.


I used size 7 needles and followed the main part of the pattern, doing seven repeats of the chart/lace pattern. I left off the decrease/top of the hat section. I finished it off with "Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off" that I learned from the "Incognito" cowl I recently made. It does seem a little more stretchy than a traditional bind off.


Now, I have a cowl that can go with lots of things!

4 comments:

roxie said...

Quite pretty and useful. You do a splendid job!

Benita said...

That's a hat pattern? That would make such a lovely hat.

Does it get cold enough there to need a cowl?

Cindie said...

What a lovely pattern!

Vicki Boster said...

Such a lovely pattern stitch - and the perfect accessory to go with everything. I love wearing cowls - they are so cozy and warm. BEAUTIFUL - love the photo of you as the model!!

Vicki