Monday, April 7, 2008

Monkey Off My Back!



Here they are...my monkey socks are done! :) I had so much fun knitting them. This project really increased my knitting confidence. I'm considering patterns that I never would have had the courage to try before. This has opened up a whole new world of knitting for me. :)

Besides finishing these last week, I finished knitting a bag and felted it. It felted weird though...it shrunk down much more than I had anticipated and stretched out wider. Very odd. I've done a lot of felting but I've never had anything do this. It has me thinking up creative solutions to be able to use it. I'll post some pictures when I get it all worked out. I'm also working on finishing up some other small projects. I hope to have some completed to post tomorrow.

My husband and daughter and I had a fun day yesterday at "Super Bug 33" at the Fontana Raceway. My husband is restoring a '65 VW Bug and wanted to go look at other VW's for fun and inspiration and to look for parts. We all had so much fun looking at all the cool busses, bugs, notchbacks, etc. And, to all our surprise...we even enjoyed the drag racing. Who knew an old bug could reach 150 miles per hour! I even knitted in the stands while they cleared out a crash. Fun!

Later we checked out a new store in Rancho Cucamonga called "Bass Pro Shop". Wow! What an amazing store!!! So much creativity went into making the building and decorating it. It has a creek with live trout, waterfalls, a big fish tank, the fishing pole area looks like you're underwater....you look up to see the bottom of a boat and there are fish hanging from the ceiling, there's an incredibly beautiful fireplace when you walk in, lots of cute clothes with great prices, a restaurant, etc., etc. Such a fun place!!! It was a great weekend with my family. :)

Happy knitting! :-)

1 comment:

Megan said...

I LOVE you monkeysocks! They are so cute!!! I can't remember if you are on Ravelry yet or not but you should totally sign up that's how I've found out about the different KAL's and they are pretty fun!