Monday, April 21, 2008

Eye Candy to Start Out the Week...


How about a little eye candy to start off the week? Monday's could use a little sweetening up sometimes. :) So...here's a picture I took yesterday of a yucca in full bloom. I always thought they were creamy white. I never knew they had purple on the edges of the blooms. Sooo beautiful!

We took the dog on a little hike yesterday and enjoyed the sunshine, wild flowers, all the new greenery, even all the interesting bugs and baby bugs. I even realized that oak trees have a scent. I was enjoying deep breaths of the fresh air and commenting about the wonderful smell and then realized it was the oak trees! Who knew?! I've smelled that scent so many times but never realized it was my favorite tree. I should have known. But, I'm happy to know now. Oaks are so amazing! I love them sooo much and they are looking so gorgeous after all the rain they got this winter. It's wonderful!

I'm still working on lace socks but it's a different pattern than I had started on last week. The snowflake pattern I had started suggested using solid color yarn because the pattern doesn't show up well with variegated yarn. I thought that since the variation in color in this yarn I'm using is so subtle that it would work out fine. Well, they were right...the pattern didn't show up very well at all. Plus, after I was well into the first sock (enough to see the pattern forming) I made a mistake that I didn't know how to fix. I decided that it was time to just rip it all out and try a pattern more suited for my yarn. So, I'm trying to make the Potamus socks by Cookie A. I had the cuff done and even though I'm always careful to watch for mistakes, I missed one. I had just started the lace part and realized I had an oops in my cuff. Well, I was able to rip back a few rows into the cuff and save it. Whew! I've been so busy today with other things that I haven't had a chance yet to knit on it but I hope to tonight. I hope this pattern works out. Wish me luck! :)

2 comments:

Pickyknitter said...

Wow, you sure have been up to a lot! That is a beautiful picture of yucca - I didn't know they were purply either. Good luck on the socks and congrats on cat-sitting!

Acorn to Oak said...

Thanks! :-)