Monday, February 11, 2008

More Sunshine!

Ahhhhh......more sunshine and warmth. I'm lovin' it!!! I'm so happy the weather has improved...at least for now.

I'm not working on any new and exciting projects right now. Just working on my second leg warmer. I went to San Diego last Thursday to check out "Rosie's Calico Cupboard". I'd heard so much about it and had to see what all the talk was about. Wow! They had a massive amount of fabric. There were big sections for each color range (like yellows, oranges, reds, bright greens, drab greens, dark greens, blacks, etc., etc.). There were huge sections for plaids, flannels, batiks, novelty, reproduction, designer, baby, and on and on. The book section was huge too. And, one of the best parts was that their prices were less than all the other quilt shops. It was an amazing place! I'll definitely go back for my next quilt project...after I finish the ones I have now. On Friday I went to a quilt show in Hemet with my mom and aunt. It was small but fun. They even had a room with donated items like fabrics, yarn, quilt and craft books and magazines, etc. for a guild fundraiser. That was pretty cool. The magazines were a great deal at .25c to 50c. I was a good girl at the show and didn't buy anything. I enjoyed all the quilts and all the pretty fabrics though. Afterwards was lunch and a warm ride home in the sunny weather. Ahhhh. I realized that I'm doing more shopping and quilt show hopping than I am actually quilting. I need to get to work. Especially so I can buy more pretty fabrics. :)

Yesterday I got an idea in my head to google kitty sweaters. To my happy surprise I found a website with kitty sweaters and patterns. There's even a gallery of pics others have sent in of their cats in sweaters that they've knitted. Check it out on my side bar. The kitties look sooooo cute in their sweaters! :) I think my kitty might need one....not that she'll want it...but I might need to knit one for her. :)

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: