Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Completions! :-)


I like to post with a picture and I don't have any new projects to show right now. So...here's a picture I took a couple of years ago, on a hot, sunny day, on a fun outing with my daughter and a friend to an herb farm in San Diego County. I think it's a pretty cool picture and I love the colors. I hope you enjoy it. Great memories!

I've been busy trying to finish up some projects before I start more and it's going pretty well. I did the finishing on two scarves that were already knitted, and finished up the hat I had started last week. I spun up more yarn for a bag I've been knitting on and off for a while. And, I tried to finish that free-form crochet bag but I'm still stuck on that one. I made a lining for it last month but I'm not happy with it and haven't come up with a better solution yet. I'm also stumped on the handles. I didn't like how it looked with a drawstring so I bought leather-like handles for it a couple of months ago but the scale seems off...they look too narrow and short. So, I'm thinking on this project again. With the projects I've finished up I feel good about starting something new. I found some vest patterns at the yarn store last week and plan to start one with some alpacca yarn I have. I also want to start another pair of socks and I've been searching the internet for a pattern that I like and that will work well with the yarn I have.

It's seems to be another good hip day. Yay!!! And, the weather is nice so I think I'll head out on my bike today and get some exercise. I found out this weekend that a friend of mine from high school has arthritis in both of her hips and her symptoms do sound similar to mine, so....maybe that is what I have. I still don't have to like it! But, having it in one hip is sure better than two!
Well, I'm off to enjoy the warm sunshine on my bike and then it's back for some quality craft time before a full work day tomorrow! Have a great day!

2 comments:

Megan said...

yeah for your meez! I freaking love it!!! I noticed Jennifer (tunisian crochet Jen) on ravelry had one and so did a few other folks so I had to get one. I love yours!!! Very cool!!!

Acorn to Oak said...

Thanks! So fun! :)