Saturday, June 5, 2010

Tea Blossom

My Tea Blossom Shawl is finshed and I am thrilled with the results. When I unpinned it and lifted it up from blocking yesterday, I screamed with delight. I love it!

I think this yarn was a perfect match for this pattern.

Blocking it was a bit challenging because of the curves and trying to get both sides the same. I fiddled with it for a while and decided that the only way I could think of to get the sides the same was to fold it in half, overlap one side over the side that was blocking out well, slide a blocking wire into the folded side, and hope for the best.

Aside from a little fold line down the middle, it worked great!

For details on the pattern and yarn I used on this shawl, see the previous post. There are a couple changes in my shawl from the pattern...I didn't have enough yarn to finish the repeats and on the double crochet rows, I did treble crochets. I think that made those rows stand out better and it added a lot to the look of the shawl.

I'm still amazed that I've been able to complete two beautiful lace shawls in just over a week! This is so much fun that I want to make more! I've been searching for more patterns and have a few possibilities selected. I've also gone through my stash and pulled out some great yarns. Now, I just have to be a matchmaker and decide which yarns work best with which patterns. Can't wait to get started on the next one!

Thanks for stopping by. :-)


KarenB said...

Wow, what a difference blocking makes! It looks amazing!

Erin said...

Wow! That is so beautiful.

jomamma said...

That's gorgeous! I think you may have inspired me to crochet a shaw.... I'm off to the stash closet.


WOW!! that is gawgeeous!!! I love it and te color is so delicate, matches the stitches perfectly.

Benita said...

I love the shawl all spread out - it looks like the wings of a lovely bird!

Anonymous said...

I have this pattern you have inspired me to actually do it and not collect it.