Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Crazy for Crochet

I've been crocheting for over 40 years and I love it. But, somehow, it's been on the back burner for a few years as I have been pursuing other fiber arts...knitting, spinning, needle felting and weaving. I've been doing it a lot more again this year and right now I'm crochet crazy. To be more specific...crochet, lace, shawl crazy! I'm on my third one in two weeks...


I found this "Flying Diamonds" pattern on Ravelry and I fell in love with how a lot of them turned out when using thin yarns...like sock yarn or lace weight yarn. So, I bought the pattern...my first pattern purchase on Ravelry! I'm crocheting it with a size "F" hook and a cone of thin (lace weight), 100% cotton yarn that I had in my weaving stash. I love the color and I think this is going to turn out really nice...


Our local library has a little book store where they sell used magazines and books to make money for the library. It's a great resource and I love to go there and look for magazines...which I often find current month issues and get them for .50c...and craft books, etc. I went there today and found several magazines, including this one...


It was only .10c and has lots of pretty patterns. I never liked to crochet with thin, thread like yarn but my current shawl project is fun. So, maybe some "decorative crochet" is in my future. :-)

3 comments:

Sandra said...

you're making me want to polish up my rudinmentary crochet skills! I'm loving the shawls!

DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

I can echo Sandra's comment verbatim. Your shawls are just stunning.

Life Looms Large said...

I'm not usually a crochet fan, but that shawl is really beautiful!! It seems like a great way to add some stretch to a weaving yarn that probably has little to no stretch.

Very nice!

Sue

PS: And multiple shawls within weeks? You are amazing!