Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Studio Makeover

Last year, we decided to turn our guest bedroom into a craft studio. Afterall, that's what it's most used for. We moved the bedroom furniture out and bought a counter-height table (which is oh so nice to work at). We installed a chandelier for bright, workable light. And, a plan started to come together. This week, my daughter and I started painting...


To finish up this makeover project, we have a row of bookcases ready to be painted; we're taking measurements and drawing up plans to make shutters for a cute country touch and to control bright morning light in two square windows (one is in the picture); large frames are being transformed for our inspiration wall...a tack board and an upholstered board with criss-crossed ribbons to hold inspirational pictures and stuff; an old wood ladder is ready to hold fabrics, weaving, dried flowers, or whatever we want at the moment; we're on the lookout for storage bins to organize our art and craft supplies and tools on the shelves; and I need to select fabric for a window treatment. I know that it won't be finished right away because we're working on it between all the other things we need to do. But, I can't wait! :-D

5 comments:

KarenB said...

Yeah! Can't wait to see the outcome! I hoping for my own craft room soon too. I need something to hold all my stuff!

judith said...

Nice paint color, what is that? I'm ready to do a make over on what used to be my daughter's room. Turn it into "the studio" more like the instrument room.

Sandra said...

oh so jealous! I have a sewing room, but it shares space with the washer, dryer, freezer, and other sundry basement things. And it's not finished. I'd love a bright airy room for my stuff! Next house...

DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

Oh I'm so jealous!!! I've been promised in the next place a room all to myself. I can't wait to see your new studio, what fun.

Life Looms Large said...

Great to see a studio makeover!! Looks like a wonderful space. I love the wall color you've chosen!

Sue