Thursday, May 13, 2010

Falling into Spring


I started these socks last fall but hadn't gotten past the cuff until just recently. The yarn is ONLine Supersocke 100 with aloe and the colorway, "Wellness", is beautiful. However, I'm not sure if it's suitable for this "Lace-Rib Socks" pattern. The lace interferes with the stripes and the stripes with the lace. I've come very close to pulling it out several times. I keep forging ahead though, keeping an open mind, to see how they'll turn out. My daughter and husband think they look great and keep encouraging me. What do you think? Would you knit lacy socks with such a stripey yarn? I think I'll go poke around on Ravelry and try to find other socks made with this yarn and see what I think.

4 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

You know the pattern of the lace is quite regular and linear - I think I would continue if it were me.

Erin @Days to Remember said...

I love it! Keep going.

Benita said...

Well, I didn't even notice the lace pattern until you mentioned there was one and looked again. Personally, I'd save the lace for plainer yarn. But that's just me.

How do I turn off the "no-reply" message? I don't even see the option.

Sandra said...

Hmmm, the lace gets a LITTLE lost, but not enough to be a bad thing. Plus, it will open up quite a bit once the socks are worn. I vote for continuing.