Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Labyrinth

On our way home from our hike and lunch on Saturday, we stopped to walk a labyrinth at the Holy Spirit Monastery. I learned about this place several years ago when I attended a meditation workshop. It's open to the public and I try to visit whenever I can. The plants have grown quite a bit since I last visited. They were blooming and the air was very fragrant. The sun was shining and warm and we walked the path without shoes. It was really nice.


I love walking the labyrinth. My daughter describes it as very relaxing. I totally agree. It seems to calm my mind. I've read that it balances the left and right sides of the brain. I always learn things from the experience too. It's wonderful!


I would love to have space at home to make one.

3 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

Oooo the sound of walking in bare feet on hot pavement sounds particularly relaxing!

judith said...

I was thinking the same thing... a labyrinth in the yard would be so cool. Hmmmm, wonder if the hubby's back is up for that? I think I'm going to make a suggestion to the City Council to build one into one of the city parks..... they are spending a fortune on walking paths that connect our town with 6 other towns.

Benita said...

I love labyrinths! The convent we go to for the spinning retreat each year has an outdoor one and used to have an indoor one - which I miss very much.

I keep thinking I need to make one in my side yard.