Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Scrub-a-Dub-Dub

Three scrubbies in the tub...and counting!...


I found this pattern on Ravelry last week and I was hooked on the first one. They're quick, fun, and colorful.


It knits up in a bias, then fold it into a loop, stitch it together, then sew a running stitch on each side of the loop, pull hard, tie off and voila!


One of the best parts is that I knit them with one of my favorite yarns, Sugar N Cream! I think they'll work great as body scrubbers in the shower. Soft but with just enough texture to gently scrub. Thick enough to hold onto but thin enough to dry out. I love little projects like this!

4 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

Those are so sweet - especially in those colours!

Benita said...

Sugar and Cream is the best! I'm knitting face clothes from it, and you are right - scrubs nicely, but gently. I need to get over to Ravelry and get that pattern.

KarenB said...

Those are so cute! I have so much Sugar and Cream. I'd like a diversion from dish cloths. I'll check it out!
Thanks! Hopefully we can knit together again soon!

DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

ha, ha, I also got on that tribble kick and made like 5 million before I could stop myself, they are addictive and so easy. Best scrubbies for bath gel ever!!