Sue, at the "Life Looms Large" blog surprised and honored me this week with this...
Thank you so much! It means a lot to me to get this and know that someone is reading and enjoying my blog. I enjoy every comment that I get too. It's great to know when someone has noticed my blog, read it, seen my pictures, and takes the time to share their thoughts. I love blogging but I have to admit that if it weren't for the people who read it and communicate with me I might not do it...or it wouldn't be as much fun. And, knowing that someone likes it enough to give me an award is like icing on the cake. :-)
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Thank the person who gave this to you.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link the person who nominated you.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that no one would really know.
5. Nominate seven 'Kreativ Bloggers'.
6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.
Seven Things About Me...This is the reallllly hard part to figure out...Hmmmm?...ok...
1. I love to travel but I hate the part of planning way ahead. I'd love it if we could just go places without making reservations. Especially because we love doing things on a whim.
2. I think recipes are great but I'm really bad at following them. I tend to just use them for inspiration. Although, with baking, I do follow them for the main ingredients...but, it's fun to throw in a little twist.
3. Even though I love trees, greenery and water, I've found out the past few years that I realllly love the desert too. It's awesome, beautiful and full of amazing surprises.
4. I tend to be a sensitive person but I like to think that I enjoy and feel life all the more intensely that way. It's not uncommon for me to cry during a movie, Oprah, weddings, and even when I visit a place with amazing beauty...like Yosemite!
5. I love people and try to look for the best in them. I think we're all amazing and weird at the same time and that makes us all so special. I find it hard to understand why some people can only be friends with people who fit a small checklist of their interests. I'm noticing that a lot of people are like that and I think they really miss out. We can all learn so much from one another. And, where would we be without other people?!
6. I'm definitely not a hoarder type of person. I like to only keep what we need or love. I am always on the look out in our house for things we don't need or use anymore and have a bag of stuff to donate building in a corner of our office...or in the truck, on the way to donate it.
7. Some of the things I love...besides yarn...are transferware, quilts, antiques, art, hands (like glove forms and other sculptural things that look like hands), books, rocks, shells, plants and herbs...and so much more. Isn't life amazing and awesome?!
Seven Kreativ Blogger Nominees...
I have to say that some of my favorite blogs are ones that I've been reading for a while and have given awards to before. So, I'm going to nominate seven great blogs that I haven't given awards to before and have found fairly recently. One of them would have been "Life Looms Large" but I received this from Sue so I don't think I can give it back. But, be sure to check out her blog. She's always up to something fun. It's hard to narrow this down to just seven because there are so many great blogs but here we go...
1. Two and Six - The photography on this blog is simply stunning! So much so that I can get pulled into it just looking at the pictures alone and it's hard to leave. What a talented photographer!
2. Pineneedles4's - I "met" Vanessa through Ravelry when she wrote to me asking about California. We've been reading and commenting on each other's blogs ever since. She blogs about beading, knitting, travel, and lots of other interesting things.
3. Evergreen Knits - Karen at Elderberry Street recommended this blog to me recently and I instantly loved it and added it to my list of of blogs to follow. When I read her blog it reminds me of me!...knitting, the great outdoors, travel and lots of pictures of nature. It's a beautiful blog!
4. Deep End of the Loom - This one is a really new find. She posts about weaving, cooking and more. It's fun to visit.
5. Yarns from the Southland - I met Lenora at a local yarn shop a few months ago. She's a talented knitter and I've found out by reading her blog that she's also very talented with words too!
6. Nancy's Daily Dish - This blogger just found me and what's not to love about her blog?!...transferware, food and more transferware. A beautiful and fun blog to visit.
7. Live From the Backyard - I enjoy reading Jomamma's stories about her life and her family...knitting, cooking, music and so much more. Her daughter's blog, "Adventures of a Gypsy Pirate Wench", is fascinating too...she works on a sailing ship!
I never imagined when I started my blogging journey a few years ago how much I would love it and how I'd meet so many amazing people. I feel like I have a whole bunch of friends in blogland. I love communicating with you and I appreciate you all very much. Thanks for your friendship, inspiration and all that I learn from you.
Thanks for stopping by. :-)