Monday, September 22, 2008

I'm still here...

I don't have any FO's to post today but I've been busy... I've made more progress on the Pomatamus socks. I finished one of hubby's socks and hope to take a picture tonight to post. I've finished more Christmas gifts but now that some family members have my blog address I can't post pix. I've knitted a lot on the Crescendo shawl and it's now half of the 66" needed. It seems like it's just eating the yarn though because I'll knit and knit and when I measure it seems to have barely grown. I think that's because it's so heavily textured. I just started into the sixth ball of yarn!

The weather was soooo nice this weekend with beautiful days in the 70's and chilly nights. Ahhhhh! I love that! I did a little baking this weekend and made a delicious pot of chicken soup and a batch of biscuits for dinner last night. My daughter was down with a cold most of the weekend and the chicken soup seemed to help. :-)

2 comments:

Pickyknitter said...

I have to say that if I were you I would stop several inches short of the desired length. I have an alpaca stole that I added "a little" to because it didn't look quite long enough. When I put it on it grew. and grew. and grew. I will have to run it thru the handwashing and take a picture of me drowning in it.

Sel and Poivre said...

It sounds like you've been busy in the knitting department! I haven't even told anyone beyond my immediate family that I have a knit blog for the very reason you cite - our extended family would most certainly "haunt" the blog and I wouldn't be able to post everything I knit. Although since no one is interested in my knitting up close and personal maybe they wouldn't bother to try to read about it;)