Saturday, September 27, 2008

Alpaca Farm Day

This weekend is "National Alpaca Farm Days". A local knitting and crochet group that I'm a part of found out about it and a bunch of us met at a local alpaca farm to join in on the fun.

I'm already a HUUUUGE llama fan (I use to have some) and I've liked alpacas. But...now...I'm officially crazy about alpacas too. They are sooooooo cute, sooooo soft, and I soooooooo want to have some. Here's a glimpse of what I saw today...

Look at some of the beautiful colors they come in...


Mommy and baby....


Another adorable baby...


Up close...just look at that face...


My favorite baby alpaca. She's not shy at all. She loves to be in the middle off everything and follows people around. She loves attention. She's so cute and so soft with a nose and lips that are softer than velvet. She's sooooooo sweet!...


It got pretty hot, even in the shade. This alpaca knew what to do...Take a dip in the water tub!...


The farm also has beautiful rovings, yarns, kits, and other alppaca items for sale. They even have Mexican food available that is being cooked right there.

LLamas and alpacas are so magical to me. I love them. It was soooo much fun to spend some time with them. If you're in the area and interested, I'd definitely recommend a visit to "All American Alpaccas". The owners are very nice and their alpaccas are beautiful and well cared for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I TOO want to have one or one-hundred! They are the cutest, so very soft. Such a special treat!
They have stolen my heart.
M

Sel and Poivre said...

I'm with you! In fact if I had more than one life I'd dedicate one to raising sheep, llamas, alpaca and goats.