Thursday, April 13, 2017

Handwoven Towels

This is a little catch up post of something I did while I was away from blogging...

I wove some kitchen towels for Christmas gifts.  I used yarn that I had.  The colors were perfect for my daughter and a friend of mine.  I wasn't sure how they'd work up though since they weren't exactly the same yarn.  The towels looked ok when I wove them but the shrinkage was different with each color when I washed them.  I ironed them and it helped a bit.  My daughter has been using them and I was able to when I visited her.  They're actually quite nice and very absorbent for drying dishes.  They're nice and soft too.


While I was weaving the towels, my electric bobbin winder got hot and started smoking.  Uh oh!  

Hubby was so sweet....he made me a new one as a gift for Christmas.  It's so nice!  I need to get back to weaving to really try it out.



4 comments:

Cindie said...

Lovely spring towels.

How nice that your husband could make you a new bobbin winder!

Laurie said...

Wow, those are gorgeous! You do fantastically, beautiful work! I would love to see the process. Do you have a post in your archives about it?

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

They are so lovely. I'd love to see the process of you making them. Just mind boggling to me how you can make something so tightly woven then bind it off so it stays together. I mean, I know it's been done forever, but still amazing to me.

~*~Patty S said...

WOW gorgeous towels and all the more special that they were woven by you!
You and your husband sound like a great team.
Happy Spring oxo