Thrift shopping and bargain hunting are things I love to do! I like to stretch my dollars as far as I can. That can sometimes involve a little creativity. That's the case with this apron.
I found the start of it at a rummage sale. It was a rolled bit of fabric that was wrapped with a piece of masking tape and marked twenty five cents. All I could see was the bottom of the apron and I thought it would make a great dish towel. When I got home and opened it up I found that it was an apron kit. Directions were printed alongside the apron pieces. It just needed to be cut out and sewn together.
I completed the project by only using supplies I had. I liked the challenge of keeping it cheap and using what I had to de-stash my supplies a bit. I used buttons from my button jar, white thread, and some left over cotton yarn to make the ties at the neck and waist. Ta da! A brand new and cute apron for just a quarter and some time! :-)