Sunday, July 29, 2012

Thank You!

Thank you so much to each and every person who took the time to leave such sweet and thankful comments for me before and after my surgery. They all meant so much and were uplifting. One morning, I logged in and found six comments. Wow! That was super cool! Thank you! I tried to respond to each and every comment (as I always do) but some of them had "no reply" on them and wouldn't go through. So, if you didn't get a personal email from me, you know why. But, please know that I'm grateful to you for taking the time to leave a comment and for thinking of me. The comments made my heart smile! :-)

I've been feeling pretty good since the surgery. In fact, I felt so good the next day that I even took the dog to the vet. I know...I'm supposed to rest. My daughter helped me out...she handled the dog and drove. The only discomfort I've really had was where the breathing tube left a little ouch on the back of my throat. It's feeling better now. Otherwise, I've almost felt like I didn't even have surgery. I never even took ibuprofen. I've just felt a little 'blah' here and there. But, I've wondered if that was just from sitting around and not moving much. I think it's been long enough now that I can start walking tomorrow. I'm going to try it out and see how it goes.

We might head up the mountain today to enjoy the cooler temps. A little relaxing, some food, some knitting and crochet, reading, great company. Ahhhh!

Have a wonderful day! :-)

5 comments:

Susan said...

Sorry to be late for the surgery news....been dealing with a sick hubby (again) and a hospital stay of his own (again)

So glad you came through and on the mend...

Susan

roxie said...

Glad to hear you are bouncing back so fast. Just don't overdo. A little relaxing, some food, some knitting and crochet, reading, great company - just what the doctor ordered.

KarenB said...

Hope you had a wonderful day. I bet it was gorgeous. I'm knitting and watching the Olympics. Take this week easy.

Vicki Boster said...

Cheryl-- I'm SO glad that your surgery is now behind you. Even though I work in a hospital-- I would have the same anxiety if I was having a procedure. I'm really happy that everyone took such good care of you. I'm wishing you a speedy recovery---

Vicki

evergreenknits said...

I was just catching up on the last two weeks of your beautiful blog ... sorry to be delayed in my "get well soon" wishes! I'm so glad to see that it went well.