Saturday, December 31, 2011

Coral Cables

I knitted a pair of leg warmers a few weeks ago and I love them! They've been keeping my legs toasty warm. They only took half the skein of yarn I hand dyed with Kool Aid. That left plenty for another pair and I quickly got started. I worked on them just about every chance I could, in between making Christmas gifts, the holiday activities, and busy-ness of life. I finished them yesterday morning.


I found the pattern on Ravelry and it's free. It's called "Waterlily Leg Warmers". It calls for the use of three different sizes of double point needles, 7, 8 and 9. However, I knitted the last pair with fives and they fit my skinny legs perfectly. So, I read through the project notes of other Ravelers and decided to stick with fives on this pair too. They're a little snug compared to the last pair but not tight. That should prevent them from slipping down.


The pattern was simple, easy to memorize and fun to knit.


I really enjoyed knitting with yarn I had dyed myself. I really like the variation in color. It's so pretty! The Lyon Brand Fisherman's Wool is a little itchy but it's perfect for this project because I wear them over knee socks to prevent that. It's not super wash but I tend to hand wash a lot of my handmade items. I'll just be a little extra gentle on these.

1 comment:

Life Looms Large said...

Gorgeous!!!

I'm surprised that Koolaid ends up making such a beautiful pink.....I imagined it would be a much brighter, more electric color. Cool! (Or should I say Kool?)

Sue