Monday, March 21, 2011

Pretty Plates

I'm always watching for transferware but rarely find it...until lately. I found two antique plates and a cup a few months ago. I found another antique plate and two new replicas a few weeks ago. And, last week, I found three more replicas that I couldn't pass up...

This red plate with a chicken will go great with my growing collection of red transferware. I love the gingham border...


I'm always watching for red, blue, brown or black transferware and I usually just find red. Sometimes I find blue plates but I pass them up because they usually have buildings or people on them and I just collect plates with botanical patterns. When I find them with botanical patterns, they're rare and expensive. This one is botanical and definitely fits into my budget. It was only $2!...


This one was only $2 too! I broke my own rule of no buildings but this little cottage scene is pretty. This small saucer is so cute and I like it's rippled edge...


Now, I'm officially collecting red and blue. And, now, I think I have enough red plates to hang in a nice grouping on the wall. :-)

2 comments:

judith said...

NICE! I love a bargain.

Benita said...

Those will be very pretty on the wall. And with those colors, they will brighten up any place you put them. Of course, we'll want to see pictures of the wall when you are done.