Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Fresh Baked

My husband likes to bake bread from time to time and my daughter recently had a craving for stromboli. That works out perfectly for both of them. Hubby made some bread dough and used half for a loaf of bread...


My daughter used the other half to make stromboli. She rolled out the dough, layered on Salchichon, Jamon Serrano and Chorizo Cantimpalo (three spanish meats from Trader Joe's - kind of like salami and prosciutto) and spinach and she made slices on the two sides...


She braided the slices over the top...


Then, she brushed on a mixture she had made on the stove. I think it had olive oil, garlic, basil and some spices...


It was lookin' good as it went into the oven...


The baking bread and stromboli made the house smell wonderful! Mmmm...golden brown...


All done!


She made some sauce to dip it in. I think it had olive oil, green chilis, chili powder, garlic and some mayo, among other things. It was really good!


Delicious!


Hubby's bread was really good too. He tried a new recipe and it was the fluffiest loaf he'd ever made. There's nothing like fresh baked bread...whether it's a loaf or made into stromboli...Mmmmmm!

5 comments:

Dave Daniels said...

Oh, that looks SO good. I'm going to make the stromboli. Thanks for the step by step photos! Mmmmmmm.....

judith said...

Omg... I'm starving and you're killing me. That looks so good. Wish we had Trader Joes.

Sandra said...

Oooo, yum! I haven't made stromboli in years - you've awakened the urge...

Benita said...

Oh, man! That stomboli looks awesome. (I'm on a diet... I'm on a diet...)

It's a good thing drool isn't fattening. :)

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm....I just finished breakfast but that looks good enough to make me crave a bite! What recipe did your husband use on the bread? I'd love a copy. It seems like lately that my break comes out heavier than usual. I've had to switch flour as the stores in this area quit carrying the bread flour I used to buy. I always love reading your blog!

Vanessa in Oklahoma