Saturday, March 12, 2011

Growing Collection

My collection of transferware is growing! I found a two plates and a cup a couple of months ago. Yesterday, I visited one of my favorite little antique shops and found two more...

This one is small but so pretty. I think it's old too...


Here's the back of it...


I like botanical patterns the best and have avoided designs with buildings, people or scenes...until now. I couldn't resist this one because it's so cute. I love the cow, the sheep, the black sheep, more sheep in the background and, of course, all of the flowers around the edge. This plate is a reproduction of a pattern called, "Milk Maid" which was first introduced in 1814. It even came with a plate hanger already on it...


This is another reproduction that I found a few weeks ago at a discount store. The center of the plate is similar to an antique one that I already have but the pattern around the edge is different...


I'd love it if all of my plates were old but transferware has become a challenge to find. So, when I find a plate that I like and it's in a color I like, especially red, I get it! I think I have enough now to hang a nice grouping on the wall.

I'm still considering a large antique transferware pitcher that I saw yesterday. It's gorgeous but it's $38 (not too bad). Hmmm???

1 comment:

judith said...

I LOVE red Transfer Ware. It looks so good all mixed together when you set a table with different pieces in different patterns. My sister inherited several Brown pieces from my Mom. I convinced her to keep them instead of putting them in the estate sale. She's very happy she kept them.