Monday, April 12, 2010

Vest Progress

I haven't done much knitting over the past few weeks. But, I have squeezed in a row or two here and there. Enough to get my vest to this point...


I finished the front yesterday and got the shoulder seams sewn together...thank's to a great video on YouTube. I haven't tied off the ends from sewing it though because I'm not sure yet how I should do that...time for more YouTube research.

Each shoulder seam has a little jog in it because of how the pattern had me bind them off. I followed the directions for sewing them and I think I did it right...but...being the perfectionist that I am, I'm not sure if the slight little wave/jog at each of those points is ok. Here they are...what do you think? I'd love advice from some of you pro sweater knitters out there. :-)


I'm thinking I need to re-stitch them a little looser too.


As usual, Duchess was there for support yesterday. She almost always lays next to me when I knit. She'd actually like to lay on my lap but that can add a whole new challenge to knitting. lol


It's weird how different the color of this yarn can be from picture to picture. The color is actually somewhere in between what it looks like on the close ups and how it looks in the picture next to Duchess.

Thanks for stopping by and for any advice you may be able to share. :-)

4 comments:

Sandra said...

have you steamed the seams at all? I find that makes a world of difference when things look a touch wonky. Having said that, I don't think thy look bad at all!

Benita said...

I agree that this might fix itself in the blocking phase. But, really, no one but yourself will ever notice. They look fine to me.

Congrats on this first vest. I love making vests. They are so versitile and can be worn more seasons than sweaters can.

knitinsage said...

i found this a while ago -- have yet to use it but it looks really useful: http://www.classiceliteyarns.com/WebLetter/Stitches/BO/SteppedBO/SteppedBO.php

hope that helps!

Anonymous said...

Congratuations on the near finished vest Cheryl. This is really looking nice, the sleaves look fine! like everyone says it will all come out in the wash! can't wait to see it when it is finished. ME!