Friday, January 15, 2010
I don't think I've written a blog post of random thoughts before. However, it feels like the right kind of post for the kind of week I've had...
1. I want to dedicate a post to my friend Mary who passed away on Wednesday after a strong and courageous fight against brain cancer. After all, I've done that for two other friends I've lost from cancer in the past couple of years. But, I just can't bring myself to do it. I think I'm not ready. It would mean that she's actually gone. But, I can tell you that I'm happy she got an extra year, she died peacefully, and in her last hours she wore the pink hat that I made for her at the beginning of her fight. Someone wove a little daisy into it's stitches and the sun was shining on her sweet face.
2. One of my knit friends was expecting a baby this July. Such exciting and fun news. I even bought her a pair of adorable knit baby booties a couple of weeks ago. But, this week, things took a turn and it didn't work out. She's in surgery today. :-( I can only begin to imagine how hard this must be for them. But, hopefully, this is just a bump in the road and things should work out great. I know people who have gone through this and within a year or so they have a healthy, happy baby. That's what's in my thoughts and prayers for her and her husband.
3. I try to be an up person and I really have been in spite of this week. Which, is quite amazing considering the top two things and that I've had a nausiating sinus headache most of the week too. Ugh! It seems to be gone this morning. Ahhhhh!
4. I was coloring my hair to cover the gray. More than a year ago, I decided to be "authentic" and let it grow out. I even read the book, "Going Gray" by Anne Kraemer. But, after some interesting comments about my "age", or what they thought was my age, and some thought, I colored it again. My husband's first reaction was that I looked 10 years younger. Well, that was it! I had to keep coloring it. It made me feel better too. I've been thinking about it though and wondering if I want to try the whole "authentic" thing again and let it be what it is...whatever it is. I don't like the idea of putting those chemicals on my head. And, I don't enjoy the process. So, I've been growing it out, again. It's much more gray than I expected. But, still not the beautiful white/gray that two of my knit friends have. I'm not liking it. I keep waffling back and forth...keep growing it out so I can really see what it's like...or...NO WAY! I'm too young for this! Run to the store NOW and get color to cover this up! It didn't help that I watched an episode of Oprah last night where they colored a woman's "authentic" gray hair. And, that's the show I heard about all this "authentic" stuff to begin with! lol What are your thoughts? Do you color your hair?
4. Continuing on the gray and age theme...I'll be turning 48 on Sunday. I think this number will be ok. Funny how that goes. I was ok turning 40 but 41 bothered me. 45 was a little weird. It'll be interesting to see how I feel when I turn the big 5 0. It sounds a little scary! In the meantime, I still have a couple more years in my 40's. Wooo Hooo! :-)
5. We've been enjoying some absolutely gorgeous, sun shiney weather the past few weeks. I've loved every day of it! But, we reallllllly do need rain. It's suppose to rain most of next week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Even though it'll be gray and rainy, I'm hoping that next week will be happier and headache free!
The picture is "Hot Cocoa" roses from my yard, sitting next to my kitchen sink. I love those roses! The bush is so healthy and it blooms all year. :-)