Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Love at First Sight

If you've been reading my blog you know that I've been trying to work through my stash and not add to it. Well...sometimes... uh...I just can't help myself. Like last Friday night when I went to the LYS for a stitch night and saw this yarn...


It was love at first sight! The colors are sooo pretty! I normally can move beyond that. But...I picked it up and it was soooo soft. I immediately put it to my neck and fell even more deeply in love. I just couldn't leave the store without it!

It's "Misti Alpaca", 100% baby alpacca, hand dyed. I'm telling you...it's heaven to touch and the colors...ohhhhhh soo pretty! There was only one skein but that's ok. It has 218 yards. I'm sure I'll find something wonderful to do with it. I'm thinking that a neck warmer or simple lacy something to wrap around my neck. I've been searching for just the right pattern.

Oh, yeah...to make it even sweeter...It turns out that the shop gives a discount during your birthday month and...this is my birthday month! Woooo hoooo! Happy birthday to me! :-)

2 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

I made a ski cowl in that yarn early last year. It really is fabulous isn't it! And Happy Birthday (Month)!

KarenB said...

It was seriously fabulous!