Friday, November 14, 2008

Eye Candy Friday


My daughter had Tuesday off for Veteran's Day and we took a little day trip. First, we went to the Nixon Library in Yorba Linda for a school project. After that we went to lunch and visited one of my favorite quilt shops, Calico House. Then, we went across the street to Omar's bird shop (another favorite stop) and had fun playing with various types of parrots. A large section of the store has chains hanging from the ceiling, in rows, holding perch/platter/play station things. Each one has at least one parrot, usually more. Once you sanitize your hands, you can visit with the birdies. You can pick them up, snuggle them, talk with them, pet them. They're so cute and so sweet. It's a lot of fun!

After Omar's it was off to California State University, Fullerton. It was another opportunity for my daughter to walk around a college campus to see what they're like and get comfortable with it as she gets closer to going to college herself. We also walked around the botanical gardens and took some pictures. These are a couple of them. I don't know what type of flower is in the top picture but I thought it was really interesting and pretty. I always love these...


For quite a while I had been doing great at posting at least three times each week. And, I a lot of them were about projects I was working on or had finished. However, lately it seems like I'm so busy and haven't been able to accomplish much of anything. It's crazy! I feel behind on housework, stuck on projects, and I'm realizing that more things will be added to the "to do" list as the holidays are quickly approaching. Whew! My back has been hurting a lot lately too and that has caused me to stop and rest which puts me even more behind. I did manage to make a lot of progress on a needle felting project yesterday. I had hoped to be able to post it today but I'd like to wait until it's done. Maybe I'll be able to post it this weekend. I'm going to try really hard to get back on track with regular posts.

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: