Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ready for Market


The "Fantasy Naturale Market Bag" is finished! It was a fun project to knit. I had some trouble spots but nothing big and I got them all worked out. I stayed with the 10 1/2 needles the whole time and I really like how it looks. It's pretty stretchy with this size...I can't imagine how stretchy it would have been if I'd changed to the 15's like the patterned called for. I'm amazed at how little yarn it took to make this too...only six ounces. I even added extra rows at the top to make the edge and the handles wider. So, I could easily get two bags from the 14 ounce ball.

I'm not sure how well it will work for groceries or the farmer's market because it stretches quite a lot...but I'll give it a try. I'll wait to see how it works out before I make another one. That way I'll know if I need to make any adjustments. Or, maybe make an entirely different bag.

1 comment:

Sel and Poivre said...

Oh my goodness I love that bag! I love the colour and the shape and the fact that its not too too open and yet its still got holes to allow it to stretch. You did a beautiful job on it!