Thursday, July 17, 2008

Dog Days of Summer


I'm not exactly sure what the saying, "dog days of summer" means...but this could be it...our dog, Salsa, swimming in the pool. She loves to go visit my mother-in-law's dogs to play and have fun but in the summer she also loves to swim in their pool. She's usually a little hesitant at first but after the first dip in the pool she keeps diving in over and over to swim around. She seems to love it and she's such a great swimmer! One time we were enjoying a cool evening, visiting on their porch, and heard a big "splash"! Salsa had decided to go for an evening swim. So cute!

I haven't had any new knitting projects to post lately so I haven't blogged much, except about vacation. I fit in knitting when I can but I've been busy having fun with my daughter who turned 17 today. She sure has grown up quickly. I'm so blessed to have been a stay-at-home mom all these years. I've cherrished the time with her and still do. Next summer she will have graduated from HS and may be getting ready to go to college. That sure will be tough for both of us. We're so close and such great friends. We're so lucky!

So, there may not be a whole lot of knit blogging for the next month cuz someone verrry important will be taking up a lot of my time. :) A lot of projects are lining up and ready for back to school though. :-)

1 comment:

Pickyknitter said...

Happy Birthday Daughter!