I finished my knitting case/bag yesterday...all but a buckle, button or bow to hold it closed. It's holding most of my needles...except for the ones that are tied up in projects that my daughter and I are doing. I was even able to fit my circular needles as well as stitch markers, holders and counters. I tried storing the circular needles without their cases but realized I needed the cases to know the lengths and some don't have sizes marked on the needles. Plus, they were a little wild and crazy without their cases to coral them. Luckily I made the pockets wide enough that I'm able o fit the circulars in their cases and double them up. I think that it will hold all of my needles with room to spare.
Here it is open.
The top folds down to hold the needles in.
Then it rolls up to keep all my needles safe and secure.
I'm pretty happy with it. It's just a lot bigger when it's rolled up than I had expected. But, it will do what I wanted it to do...hold all my needles and stuff to take on trips in the RV and be available for any wonderful yarns I can't pass up on my yarn store adventures. That way I can spend my money on pretty yarns and not more needles. :)
I've seen cases in yarn stores with crazy high prices on them...some close to $100!! I can't afford that. I think it's pretty cool that I was able to make this with scraps from a quilt I made last year, felt that worked for batting, and some antique lace that I had. The only thing I had to buy for this was red thread.