Thursday, December 19, 2013

Gifts of Love

My husband and I celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary recently.
When he came home from work that evening, he brought me a sweet card
and this huge Christmas Cactus.  He thought I'd love the pink blossoms.
I'm not a huge fan of succulent plants or Christmas Cactus but this one is quite pretty.
It has SO many blooms and keeps sprouting more buds every day.
We went out to Yard House for dinner that night and had a wonderful time!


What I didn't know was that he'd ordered something for me that hadn't arrived in time.
When he ordered it, he didn't realize it would be made for his order and would take a while.  I was surprised last weekend when I picked up the mail and there was an envelope from "Home Baby Crafts".  It's a name I recognized because I found them on Facebook a while ago when a friend "liked" them.  I fell in love with the beautiful handmade jewelry.  I recently gave a link to hubby as an idea for Christmas.  That's the one he ordered.  Isn't it beautiful?  The little green stones are Peridot.


It came with a matching chain.


I can't believe I have one of my very own.  I've been looking at these for a while now.
I love it!  And, I love how it supports an individual artist.  :-)

Here's a LINK to her Facebook page.  I noticed that she's closed for orders until after Christmas.
She only took orders for what she knew she could complete in time.  But, take a look at some of her other creations.  They're wonderful!  I love the ones with moons behind the trees.

6 comments:

Cindie said...

It's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

OH gasp and drewl, so pretty!

Delighted Hands said...

This is beyond beautiful! I have a thing for trees already....I am so glad for you!

Beth said...

Your hubby is so kind. Love the cactus and your gorgeous necklace!

Quinn said...

So pretty - what a thoughtful gift. "Gifts" actually! Happy anniversary to you both :)

roxie said...

Gorgeous cactus! And what a lovely necklace. That husband of yours? He's a keeper.