My Diamond Flowers shawl is done!
It's crocheted with just over three skeins (about 800 total yards) of Spud & Chloe Fine Sock Yarn.
It's 80% superwash wool and 20% silk. I would expect it to be soft because of the silk.
However, it really isn't very soft at all. And, washing it didn't seem to help.
In fact, it seems a little less soft and even a bit scritchy after washing and blocking. Hmmm?
I sure love the color though.
I crocheted it with the recommended hook size of "I".
That gave it a light, open, airy look.
This is one of my favorite colors. Look!...it matches my favorite pair of earrings!
I think I'll find lots of things to wear it with.
Here's one idea...a pair of jeans and a white shirt.
I think it would look cute with short sleeves, a tank top or a dress too.
The finished size of 26" wide by 76" long will give it lots of versatility.
Overall, I like the shawl and the pattern was easy to understand.
It has a regular pattern and chart for a skinny/scarf size and an enlarged/customize-able/shawl size.
I did the enlarged size with 96 stitches to start.
The only problem I had was making silly mistakes (often) that I didn't notice
until rows later. The mistakes are hard to spot sometimes because the openness of it.
At one point, I missed a mistake and didn't catch it until I was on the last row.
I had to rip back an entire skein and then some to fix it. Ugh!
With all the stitching, ripping, and re-stitching, I think I did enough stitching
for at least two shawls. But, in the end, I only have one. Oh well.
It was fun and I really like the end result.