Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fiber Festival Fun

On November first I went with a couple of friends to the Southern California Handweavers Guild Annual Fiber Festival. I try to go to it every year. It's not huge, like some that I see in the north east, but it's pretty special because events like this are extremely rare in Southern California. There were handwoven items on display, demonstrations, and vendors selling rovings, yarn, bags, tools, beads, jewelry, books, etc. It seemed busier this year than ever before and vendors seemed to be making a lot of sales. If I had been on the lookout for beautiful yarn or roving, I would have come home with many. There were so many gorgeous choices. But, I was on the lookout this year for some specific yarns on cones for weaving and didn't find what I was looking for.


I was having so much fun looking around that I kept forgetting to take pictures. Here's one that I took with my phone. This vendor had several shelves like this, filled with so many gorgeous colors of this super fine yarn. The sample socks were the thinnest, finest handknit socks I'd ever seen and felt. It was a fun day! And, as usual, I'm already looking forward to next year's event.

1 comment:

Sel and Poivre said...

'Sounds like a fun day - interesting that it looks like it was held out doors - not the case with such events around here! did Salsa get to tag along?

'Looks like you've got a pretty good camera in your phone too!