Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Wildflower Week - Spring Walk

The sun is shining and the temperatures are warming up! Southern California is brimming with blooms, colors, and the music of nature. The landscape is stunning and offers treasures for the eyes and soul everywhere we look. The landscape changes daily. So, each day may hold a surprise of new colors, flowers, scents and sounds. I try to capture as much of it in my mind and camera as I possibly can because I know that what I'm seeing at that very moment won't last.

My husband and I and our dog, Salsa, went for a walk last Saturday near the beautiful Santa Rosa Plateau. I got a lot of great pictures that I'd love to show you. I plan to post them throughout the week. So, check back daily for more. And...

Sit, relax, and enjoy the show...


I love this area sooo much. The landscape scenes are stunning. There are miles of trails. And, there's an occassional bench to sit on and take in the view.


The Lupines are really tall this year and beautiful, as always.


I just can't get enough of them! They're so beautiful!


Most of them are a bluish-purple color. But, there are a few that like to stand out...


I love the colors!


Come back tomorrow for more spring treasures.

Have a wonderful Spring day! :-)

No comments: