Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Fishbone Lace

I haven't been doing much knitting lately, but I did manage to finish up this little project over the weekend...


It's the "Fishbone Lace" cowl from the book, "Ocean Breezes, Knitted Scarves Inspired by the Sea" by Sheryl Thies. I love this book and want to make a lot of the things in it. So, this is probably the first of many more sea inspired projects for me.

I made this cowl with Caron Spa yarn. It contains some bamboo and I love this color soooo much. It's called Rose Bisque. It looks like an antique pink to me. So pretty! This is an easy pattern that has NO purling. It's a simple combination of knit stitches, yarn-overs, K2tog's, and PSSO's. Here is the "right" side...


This is the "wrong" side. I think I like it better. It looks more lacy and adds to the antique kind of feel of the color. This is the side shown in the top picture.


Overall, I'm pretty happy with this project. I'm going do a little research though and see if there are any other ways to bind off than the standard way I always use. I'd like the bind off edge to be a little stretchier.

4 comments:

Judith said...

This is so pretty, Cheryl. I too like the inside better, you can have it reversible. I'll have to check out this book.

Erin @Days to Remember said...

That is such a cool pattern!

KarenB said...

This is very pretty and looks complicated! Nice job!

Debbie said...

This is so simple and pretty...I want the pattern!