Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sock KAL


Several of the ladies in our Wednesday morning stitch group want to learn how to make socks. So, we decided to start the new year off with a sock KAL. We start tomorrow. I'm kind of leading the whole thing since I've made socks. So, I posted a little assignment on our website to select their yarn, needles and knit a swatch. Then, go to the Sock-U-Lator (on my side bar) and type in their gauge and measurements to get directions for the perfect size. From there they can be a little creative with ribbing and cuff length. We'll all knit the feet about the same. I decided to get an early start since I'll be helping out. I'm making mine with some yarn that I sell, it's Silver Creek BFL. I don't know why but these yarns haven't sold very well. That just leaves more for me! I love the colors soooo much and the yarn is soft and nice to work with. I love the stiping effect I'm getting on this sock. It reminds me of some of the projects I've seen people do with Noro yarn, alternating colors. It's so pretty. I'm not sure I ever would have thought of putting teal, blue, burgandy and olive together but it sure looks great! The colors are a little brighter in the picture than in real life. This colorway is called "Bordeaux". I made some socks in the colorway, "Herb Garden", last year. About 11 ladies are planning to attend. It should be a lot of fun!

No comments: