Thursday, August 14, 2008

Feeling Rosey


A couple of weeks ago my daughter and I did some back to school shopping. Last week we did some bead shopping to make jewelry to go with some of the new outfits. The next day we spent at the kitchen table being creative with beads. It was a lot of fun! The picture above is my new outfit and a necklace I made to go with it.

I love pink but for some reason I don't usually wear it. I've realized that most of my clothes are some shade of blue. I've been trying to be more stylish and break out of my usual clothing routine so I decided to try this on. My daugher thought it looked really nice and enouraged me....uh...well...more like gently forced me, to buy it. I'm glad she did. I've gotten compliments on it and I love the color with my skin. I've been wearing a lot of skirts lately instead of shorts. They're fun to wear and great for hiding knees that aren't as young as they use to be. lol

The necklace is hard to see in the pic but it's the best I could do with the only camera in the house with batteries that didn't need charging. It's made of square wood beads, pink glass ones, some silver accent beads (round and heart shaped), and some shell or stone beads that look like golden mother of pearl. The golden beads were part of a necklace that my grandmother had and wore a lot. It fell apart years ago and I've been trying to figure out something to use them for. The clasp is shaped like a tropical flower. Since it's so pretty, I made the necklace so I can put the clasp in the front and to the side to show it off. It looks really nice.

My Olympic sock project is moving along. Now that I'm finally past the cuff it's actually going well. I don't know why I was having such trouble with what should have been the easiest part. So strange. But, I kept at it, and so far, so good. I hope it keeps going well. I'm not sure I'll be able to finish them in time for the challenge but at least they're finally moving along. :-) I'll try to post some pics soon.

1 comment:

Sel and Poivre said...

That piece really pulls the whole outfit together! I love it that you integrated the beads from your mom's much loved necklace!