Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Lovely Find

There are a few local antique shops that I like to pop into regularly.  It's always fun to look around to see what's new.  I found something on my last visit that just HAD to come home with me.


It a carved piece from the top of a french armoire.  I think it's made of oak.  The owner knows the person who brought it here from France.  She loves it but has so much stuff that she decided it was time for this lovely piece to find a new home.  

I love it!  I brought it home and placed it above a door in my craft studio.  


I adore the delicate roses on it.  The leaves and ribbon are beautiful too.


I have no idea how old it is but it's obvious that it was handcarved.


I'm just giddy over this find!  It's so pretty!
It was inexpensive too!  I love that!  

12 comments:

Cindie said...

What a wonderful find - it's beautiful.

KarenB said...

That is beautiful, Cheryl! Nice find.

Michelle said...

That is really beautiful! Something I would like to find for my own home!

September Violets said...

Such a beautifully carved piece! How lucky for you to visit the store and find it for sale. It looks great above the doorway. Wendy x

Delighted Hands said...

What a treasure! This is just beautiful! Don't you love the look of old wood!

mamasmercantile said...

What a great find, such a delight. I love all that intricate carving on it, its beautiful.

Patty Antle said...

That is a wonderful find for sure! Love the carvings!

Susan said...

It's beautiful! And what a perfect object to put over the doorway into your creative space. I love it when I find a treasure.

judith said...

Oooh! That's nice. Looks good up there above the door.

roxie said...

Over the door - perfect!

Quinn said...

Wow! I love this piece. But I would have to place in somewhere that I could touch it!

benita said...

You find the prettiest things when you go shopping!