Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Baby Boy Blues

A new baby boy will soon be here!
His parents are super sweet and daddy is a Blues musician.
What better color for the 'lil one than blue?!
Mom and dad like that color too!


I knitted up a snuggle sack and matching hat.
I'm giving it to them with a cute little onesie and adorable striped PJ's.


It's knitted with Caron Simply Soft yarn.  So, it will be easy care...washer and drier!
I made this snuggle set a bit bigger than the ones I've made in the past.  I'm hoping it will be a sure fit and be usable a bit longer.  The finished size of the snuggle sack is about 10" wide by 18" long.

For details on the pattern and how I made it, you can visit me on Ravelry.

13 comments:

Shirley said...

Oh how that little one will love his new outfit. They maybe small when they enter this world, but they seem to grow in such a hurry almost like a blink of the eye. I have been catching up with some of friends tonight as I watch it snow. It is bitter cold with the windchill getting down to a possible minus 20 degrees. I have enjoyed catching up with you. Have a wonderful start to a new year. Many hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

Anonymous said...

that is a very lucky little boy! Nathan loves his!

Cindie said...

How cute! Boy, if I ever need a baby gift this would be perfect....haven't needed a baby gift in forever and not sure of any on the horizon....might have to go find someone expecting just so I can make one!

Michelle said...

I love the idea of a snuggle sack!

Teresa Kasner said...

You made two wonderful things for a baby boy, plus the cute little jammies and onesie! You're a very good friend. Thanks for being such a good friend in the comments on my blog!

((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Denise said...

absolutely beautiful...I went onto Ravelry to buy the yarn...when i was in Florida I only bought bright pink back with me to the UK and I would like to do it in blue!

Delighted Hands said...

What an incredible gift! Great job on the knitting!

benita said...

Sweet, lucky baby boy - Love the outfit you made and I'll bet that snuggle will get used quite a bit.

lynn cockrell said...

What a beautiful blue ensemble! The little fellow will surely be cozy and warm while wearing this.

Mereknits said...

How sweet is that! They are going to be thrilled.
Hugs,
Meredith

FredaB said...

What a great gift for a newborn. His parents will love all the goodies and the snuggie is a great idea.

Hugs
FredaB

roxie said...

Aren't you the best baby dresser? Matching hat and bag so very stylish.

Vicki Boster said...

Goodness- such a beautiful blue color-- a wonderful gift for the new baby:)