My Fall ceramics class ends tomorrow. I just finished photographing some of my latest projects for my portfolio and thought I'd post a few on here.
I had a lot of fun playing around with the top edges of many of my bowls. I love this one...it looks like a flower...
I just couldn't resist creating a few more lizards this semester. This was the first one of the semester. I didn't use a photo for reference and he ended up with back legs that aren't quite right. I like him anyway. I also like how the glaze became blotchy during firing.
I threw a lot of bowls this semester. Here are three that are similar in size and in a couple of different colors...
When bowls went off center or tried to collapse I tried to rescue them. This one was saved by adding a spout on the collapsing side and a handle on the other. Voila...a batter bowl!
Later in the semester, I thought I'd memorized how lizard legs go...how many sections there are, etc. And, I thought I got this one right. But, now that I look at it....I think his back legs are a little funky too. I guess I'd better take some lizard photos with me to the studio next time so I can really get it right.
I played with glazes a little on this bowl. It has a thick coat of stoneware blue on the inside and apple green on the outside. It's one of my favorites.
I'd better get back to work. I need to write up info on all of my pieces...sizes, glazes, used, etc., get the photos printed, work on my portfolio, and get all my pieces wrapped up and packed to take back to school tomorrow for class critiques and showing. Have a wonderful week!