Monday, July 11, 2011

Lil' Hummers Update

I'm happy to report that the little hummgingbirds I blogged about last week are doing great! Their little nest stayed where I put it, a little tilted, but fine. By the weekend they had grown and changed and were blinking their little eyes and looking at me when I checked on them...


They started venturing out today. Must be nice to get out of that cramped little nest. They're so cute with their little beaks crossed...


This afternoon they started venturing out even further. I bet they'll be trying out their wings very soon.


I wonder how hummingbirds learn to fly?! Most birds can at least spread their wings and glide a little while they figure out the whole flapping thing. This seems a bit more challening. Good luck little ones!

4 comments:

KarenB said...

Yay, birdie babies. The first photo looks like their on a roller coaster going up. ;-) They'll be outta there before you know it. Then I'd keep that pretty little nest for indoor decorating. Yes, I would.

Sandra said...

great pictures! And I'm glad they are doing well. Baby hummingbirds have it tough - it'snot like they can learn slowly - those wings flap FAST!

Benita said...

Awww!!! They are so cool! They's be gone in a day or two and you can enjoy watching them buzz around the yard.

Erin @Days to Remember said...

They are so cute! I'm glad they're doing well. Keep us updated when they start to fly.