Sunday, December 26, 2010

Meowy Christmas

We had a nice Christmas but I can't believe it's over already! It always comes so quickly and is over in a flash! I started working on my Christmas projects a couple of months in advance and all of a sudden Thanksgiving was over and it was time to decorate. Lucky for us, we have our very own kitty supervisor to make sure we do everything purrrfectly...


We set up our faux tree this year. We like to put it on top of a half wine barrel (fitted with a board inside, a couple inches down from the top edge). It looks great, adds height to the tree, and makes it easy to pile presents around the tree.

I found out that the drummer stool my daughter uses to play her harp also works great for putting lights on the bottom part of the tree. What a back saver!

I seem to have recovered from the bad case of scrooginess I had for a few years. Yay! I really got into the gifting spirit and made most everything we gave. My husband helped out and my daughter made lots of gifts too. It made quite a pile around the tree...


Duchess even supervised the card making...


My snowman cards had a simple look but they were a little labor intensive! I made templates to trace and cut out 40+ snowmen, scarves, hats, carrot noses, and shiny stars. Then, I had to glue all the pieces on and write a greeting in each card...


The greeting says, "Wishing You a Merry Christmas and a Bright Shiny New Year!". They were fun to make but took a lot longer than I had planned. I finished in time to give some cards out but I still need to address envelopes for the ones that need to go in the mail.


My daughter's cards look much more complicated but they were super quick and simple. She used ready made cards, cut rectangles of pretty glittery blue paper, cut rectangles of pre-cut snowflake sheets of paper, glued it on and wrote greetings inside. She was done in a flash! They're so pretty and she even coordinated her gift wrap with the cards (that's what all the blue packages are under the tree)...


Duchess loves Christmas! She hangs out for decorating, gift making, and even sleeps under my daughter's Christmas tree for a little while each night...


She's such a great little girl that helped make our Christmas purrfect! :-D

No comments: