Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Fabulous Fall

My blog has been pretty quiet the past few months. My life has been very busy and I kind of lost my blogging mojo. However, I think I feel the mojo returning. Yay! What have I been up to? Here it is in a nutshell...well....sort of...

This Fall has been pretty fabulous, for the most part. I've gotten my yarny mojo back and have been knitting, crocheting and even spinning! I'm excited that a lot of the gifts I'll be giving this Christmas will be hand made. I still have several gifts to make but I feel pretty confident that I'll be able to finish in time. I'm still working on making Christmas cards and that'll be a bit of a crunch to try and get them finished and in the mail before Christmas...better late than never though! :-)

We've had an unusually cold and wet Fall here in SoCal. That has been wonderful in many ways. I've been able to wear my shawls and scarves! And, it was cold enough to give us Fall colors like we almost never see here. I've been wanting to capture the gorgeous reds, oranges and yellows with my camera but the most brilliantly colored trees seem to be along the roads when I'm driving and there's usually no place to pull over or I don't have my camera. The colors are breathtaking though and I'm soaking it in and enjoying it as much as I can and for as long as I can. We do have a bit of color in our yard. Here's our fig tree...Salsa likes it too...


The rain we've been getting has allowed us to turn our sprinklers off a LOT. That has had an amazing impact on our water bill! I'm sure our lemon tree has been enjoying the rain too. I'm so excited about how many Meyer lemons we're going to have this year. Check this out...


Life hasn't been all fabulous but I'm hoping for fabulous outcomes...my parents have had some health issues the past few months. My mom found out that she had bladder cancer. The good part is that the doctor feels he got it all out during surgery and applied a chemo treatment during surgery that he feels pretty confident will keep it from coming back. She'll have regular check ups to be sure. My dad found out that he has a heart problem, atrial fibrilation (I think that's what it's called). The way I understand it is that the top two chambers of his heart aren't beating correctly. This can cause blood to pool up in those chambers and put him at a higher risk for heart attacks and stroke. So, he's been on a roller coaster of meds and dosage adjustments to try and get his blood thin enough to prevent stroke and to try a treatment that would shock his heart back into a normal rhythm. This has become a challenge for the doctors to find another blood pressure medication for him that will work with the blood thinners and still keep his blood pressure in a normal range. When a loved one is ill, it's already hard, but having two ill can be a little stressful...especially on days when I've had to take both of them to the hospital. I'm hoping they'll both be doing much better very soon.

One more fabulous thing this Fall...my husband and I just celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary. We spent a relaxing and fun day together. We went for a hike, went out to breakfast, did a little shopping, went for coffee, a movie and then an fabulous Italian dinner. I still can't believe how lucky I got when I found him! :-)

1 comment:

Dave Daniels said...

Glad to see you back! It sounds like you've had quite a roller coaster ride these last few months. Glad to hear you've got you blogging and fiber mojos back.(I've even started knitting again!)