Thursday, February 11, 2010
Just a few random thoughts for today...
1. I listed a couple more items in my ETSY store yesterday...the cute lil' bear in the picture, and a pin cushion. I'm so excited and inspired about this right now. I'm planning to spend a lot of time in my craft studio today. I can't wait to see what transpires!
2. My heart smiled yesterday when I read Lenora's post about her experience at Sunday's Magic Ball and Shawl workshop and got to see the pictures of her beautiful work of art. You can see it on her blog, Yarns from the Southland. This experience was wonderful and just keeps getting better. I can't wait to see all of the other beautiful creations at our upcoming fashion show!
3. Speaking of inspiration...I'm feeling so inspired lately. That's something I was missing for a while and it's so wonderful to have it back. A big part of it is the time I've been spending at Knit N Stitch. The people are so warm and welcoming and the store is overflowing with talented knitters and inspiration. I love it! It's hard to control myself and keep from casting on a bunch of new projects. I'm trying to finish up some WIPs so I can get to some new ones. I can't wait!
4. I'm excited to see that my weight is dropping! Yay! The 10,000 steps a day really works! I haven't done so well the past few days. But, the last couple weeks I did. In fact, there have been several days that I hadn't reached my goal by evening and had to jump on the treadmill before bed. One night I went from 1,300 steps at dinner time to just over 10,500 by the time I went to bed. Whew! There have been a couple of days that I didn't plan well or pay enough attention to my pedometer during the day and I had to make up the last couple thousand after everyone went to sleep by walking around and around the downstairs of the house so I wouldn't wake anyone. The sun is shining again and that will help me to get back on track. I've lost over four pounds and still have at least 10 to go.
5. Valentine's Day is coming fast! I need to get ready...I have cards to make and a meal to plan! My husband and daughter and I have a tradition of making a nice meal, decorating the table for Valentine's Day and exchanging cards. I love my family! :-)