Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Favorite Christmas Ornaments

Last Christmas I enjoyed seeing some of the ornaments that other bloggers shared on their blogs and shared a few of my own. I thought it would be fun to do that again this year and share a few more of my favorites. I love seeing the various ornaments that people collect. They can be so unique, beautiful, fun, and most of them have some kind of story.

This is one of the first ornaments my husband and I got as a couple. It's a tandem bike in the same red color we had on our first tandem. We rode that thing so much. We even rode it a lot when I was pregnant with our daughter...until I was too big to fit between the seat and the handlebars. I love this one! It's about five inches wide by about three inches tall.


Our daughter is a harpist and we're always on the look out for harp ornaments. They're very hard to find! Sometimes a few years go by that we don't find any. Once in a while we're lucky and find more than one in a year. This is one of my favorites...


I love crafting and find it hard to say "no" to trying just about any kind. That includes tole painting, something I did a lot of for a while. Here's a hiking Santa I painted years ago. He's about nine inches tall.


Here's one we bought a few years ago at "Downtown Disney" in the "Department 56" shop. It's an Airedale in PJ's and slippers. So cute!


I love the feathers and the little pom poms on the slippers.


Do you collect ornaments? What are some of your favorites?

2 comments:

judith said...

For about 15 years now I have been collecting Cowboy Santas and Snowmen.

judith said...

They are Cowboy Snowmen too, not just regular snowmen.