I want to make a new hat for a friend that is going through chemo. So, in a recent Knitpicks order, I purchased a ball of "Comfy" yarn to make the "Georgian Lace Cap". However, before I started making it, I decided that I wasn't crazy about the vertical stripes and I was thinking that it was a bit too holey for a chemo cap. I searched and searched for another hat pattern but most of them require more yarn than the 109 yards I had in that one ball. So, I decided to just go with this one...but...someone on Ravelry made it and alternated the lace pattern. It was much prettier. I tried several times to do that and I almost had it but still had some problems I couldn't figure out. So, I decided to go with the pattern the way it was. Soon after I got started, I had an idea...make it into a cowl...the perfect gift for another special friend. And, that's what I did!...
I think this stitch pattern looks much prettier as a cowl than a hat. In fact, I love it! I think the lace pattern is really pretty, the size came out great (8'x9" unstretched), and it is soooo yummy soft! I plan to make more of these!
To make it, I knit the lace block/section six times and ended it with four rows of knit and then bound off. It took exactly one ball of Comfy with only 24" left over...a 12" and a 10" piece cut off after weaving in the ends. So, it's a perfect project for one ball of Comfy. I have one more ball of Comfy, in a different color...I know what I'll be making with that! :-)
I'm not sure why the color came out different in the pictures. I tried different lighting situations but the flat one always came out different. The actual color is in between what you see in the two pictures.