Thursday, May 21, 2009

Recent Finds

I don't shop as much lately as I use to and I don't have the budget for it. However, once in a while, I find time to wander around antique and thrift stores and other fun places. I'm usually on the hunt for one thing or another. Sometimes it may take years to find...especially, since I try to buy things on the cheap. So, when I do find something it's especially exciting. Like finding treasure. Here are a couple of things I've found recently that I'd been hunting for...


I call this one, "Violet" because she's purple. I found her at a local thrift shop. I love her metal base. It's much better looking than new ones with their plastic bases. She's close to my size, so she'll come in handy if I start sewing clothes...which I'm feeling inspired to do. And, she'll be great for modeling knitting projects for blog photo shoots. I think it's funny that the sticker on her chest says, "Acme". That makes me think of old cartoons. I'm not crazy about her purple color though. I bought some neutral fabric to try and recover her. I'll let you know how that goes.





I found these old wood sock blockers at a yarn shop that's going out of business. I've been watching for some of these for quite a while. I think they're the perfect size for hubby socks. And, they'll look great hanging on the wall in my soon-to-be craft studio (currently a guest bedroom). Fun! :-D





My daughter is about to graduate from high school and we're looking forward to some time (finally) this summer to go shopping and exploring again. Life has been so busy that we haven't had time to do that like we use to. She loves to hunt for treasures too. I wonder what we'll find?

3 comments:

KarenB said...

Wow, your finds are better than mine! Way better. What thrift store did you go to? That dress form looks like it's in perfect condition. I went into the knitting store around 3:00 pm. I didn't go in the evening. I had to get to the grocery store so I could actually cook some dinner for my husband. What's with that?

Sel and Poivre said...

Oh the final days of high school...my daughter did that last year - busy and exciting times - Enjoy!

Tan Family said...

Wonderful finds! I had a dress form just like yours, but it was falling apart. I loved it, though! Which yarn shop is going out of business?