Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Tole Painting Finish Line

The Create 52 Challenge I'm doing to try to create at least 52 things this year (one for each week of the year) has been inspiring.  It's pushed me to keep creating.  And, it's pushed me to finish up a lot of creative projects that have been sitting around waiting to be worked on or to get their final touches.  I've really been on a roll over the past week as I've finished up about half a dozen projects.  Woot!  The excitement of that must be why I finally pulled out and finished this project...


It's a tole painted planter box (the box is attached to the back of the little cottage).  I painted it in a class many years ago.  MANY years ago!  All that was left to do was to accent it with hand drawn black lines around the windows, leaves, etc.  Why I never finished it?....I have no idea!  Crazy, huh?!

This is how it looked all these years...


It feels good to FINALLY have it finished.  I'm not crazy about it though.  But, I have a feeling I may be able to find someone who is.  So, it's going in my gift box and it'll be ready to be gifted for a birthday, special occasion, or Christmas.

This creative accomplishment counts as number 20 in my Create 52 Challenge.

4 comments:

Susan said...

What a difference the black line highlights make! It's wonderful!

Cindie said...

Very cute - someone in your life will love it.

I'm so inspired by all the projects you're getting done.

Delighted Hands said...

Those outlines really make the whole design defined! Nice job!

Judy said...

You are doing fantastic with all your projects and finishing up your WIPS!! This is really cute.