Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Something Special for Wesley

One of my knit friends is about to have a baby boy...Wesley! I'm so excited for her and her husband! As the special day approaches, we decided to have a little shower for her. I wanted to make something and I wanted it to be unique...something she wouldn't get a dozen of. I searched on Ravelry for just the right pattern and fell in love with the Owlie Sleep Sack. It's so cute and seems like a genious idea! I love the owls!...I've been wanting to make the sweater that has these owls around the neckline.

I made this with a washable, dryable yarn (a must for babies!), Bernat Satin. I think this green is pretty and it might go with the colors they like and chose for the nursery. It took a little less than one skein for the sack. I thought about making an owlie hat but thought that the owls on the sack would be enough. So, I knit up a basic little hat with a rolled edge to match the top of the sack. It was a fun project and oh-so-cute! Here it is with a book inside to make the owls easier to see...


It seems like a baby would feel so safe, snuggly and warm in this little sack and it can't fall open like a blanket could. Here it is without the book...


I also gave them this adorable pair of booties that I bought at a yarn shop. A local lady knits and sells them. It looks like they're made with sock yarn. I love the colors and the shape...


Here's a side view...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chery,

Those are adorable! I love them!

Vanessa in Oklahoma

KarenB said...

It was all so very cute!

Erin @Days to Remember said...

They were all SUPER cute, and I just love the owls! I can't wait to snap some photos of him all cuddled up in there!

DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

Awwwweee those are so cute, I love baby things. I know the sweater your talking about, but I'm always creeped out by the button everyone uses for the eyes.

Benita said...

Lucky, lucky, lucky baby!

I want slippers that look like those booties!