Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Well, I couldn't resist...I started another project. It's one of the washcloths from the "Knitter's Stash" book, the basketweave one. But, for some odd reason, which I can't seem to figure out, everytime I go from knit to pearl it's leaving large stitches. I've never had this problem before. I'm not sure if it's the thread/yarn I'm using or what. I'll see my mom tonite and see if she can figure out the mystery (she's an amazing knitter, by the way). So, I stopped that project for now. I worked more this week on a bag I've been knitting with handspun yarn but I ran out of yarn and need to spin more. I'm planning to go to fiber night at Crochet Cafe but I don't know what I'm going to work on now. Maybe I'll shop for yarn. I found a gorgeous book yesterday that I couldn't resist buying...Victorian Lace Today. It's all lace shawls and such and they are rated by skill level. I looked at the ratings on Amazon last night and people say the patterns are easy and clear to read. I have one picked out to try. They are all stunning! Even if I never make any of them, the book is a joy to look at. But, I intend to try!!!

No comments: